Tuesday 31 December 2013

Beyond The Surface: Michaela Marrett

Hey guys,

Cannot believe this is my last blog post of 2013, crazy huh? From starting my blog properly during the summer, I had no idea my views and followers would skyrocket like it has. Like every average blogger I started blogging because I wanted to share the things I liked, disliked and appreciated with you guys. No, I refuse to be full of cringe worthy information about how 2013 has been the best year of my life, but I will say one thing; a major thank you to everyone who has contributed to the great things and if you didn't I guess I'll be leaving you behind in 2013 (no hard feelings).

But guys can I just dwell in the fact that a few months ago no one knew about my blog and now thousands of you have read it at least once, I am ultimately grateful and I hope 2014 will hold positive surprises that we couldn't even dream of happening, both for you and for me.


Now back to the main focus of this post, I would like to introduce you guys to a very talented girl. As you know, I love having a little creep on Facebook, especially when something interesting on my newsfeed catches my eye. So what was so interesting that had me wanting to do a whole blog post on it? Michaela Marrett. Some of you may have already been aware of her amazing makeup and beauty skills but when I flicked through her pictures, I was in complete awe. Only then did I actually realise that the use of makeup is an art, an art which I found was Michaela's forté; so of course I had to show you guys.

I know with a lot of hard work and patience (and perhaps the start up of a youtube channel?) Michaela could just be Ireland's next big thing in the beauty industry and believe me I am not just saying that. What a lot of people don't understand is that if you want a career in something you have to start perfecting your skills in that area from the minute you realise that it is your forté. I know a lot of you guys look at young celebrities and wonder how they got so successful so quickly- well if you look close enough you'll realise that most of them started their career from the age of as little as 3 years old. For example: Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Michael Jackson and the amazing Beyoncé.



"If you want to be somebody, if you wanna go somewhere then you better wake up and pay attention."



Here are the three cohesive looks that Michaela created especially for my blog. These three looks show how you can go from day time to night time and finally to fantasy, showing that makeup isn't just something that is used to enhance beauty but to create art. Sounds beautiful right?


1. The Simple Day Look



2. New Years Eve Party Look






Tips for Day to Night Transition 


  •  When applying foundation use enough to attend to the coverage you need but not too much as this allows for slightly more to be applied on top later on for the night look.
  • Translucent powder and matte blusher and bronzers will add colour and prevent shine building up in the products and give you an oil free face.

  • Brow shape can be difficult but help is at hand. Try some brow stencils available in chemists and boots all over. I personally use the French Connection stencils.
  • A base for your shadow will help waterproof and smudge proof all your hard work.
  • Use a bank card or credit card to help create a nice clean edge for your look.
  • Experiment with different shades of blue and orange. I used a blusher for my shade because I liked it. Remember just because it's made for one thing doesn't mean you can't use it other ways! 
  • Use a purple shade as a mid-tone to nicely blend the two clashing colours together.
  • Add your lippy and go a little more daring with your contour and you're good to go. 



3. Fantasy Look



Michaela says:

  • For this look I used the MAN Liner in Oceans's 11 and added this to my original eye. 
  • I contoured with MAN Pigment Orange Roughie.
  • I did a slight ombré lip with the OPI lipstick and MAN Liner in Ocean's 11. 
  • I mixed the MAN pigment and OPI Lipstick and used that to define my brows.




 Products


  • MAN Foundation Shade 202.
  • CATRICE Translucent Powder
  • CARGO Blusher Shade Gotham
  • LANCÔME Bronzer in 03 Ocre Bronze
  • French Connection Brown Eyebrow Pencil
  • KHROMA Joystick in Modern Mauve
  • KHROMA WhipLash Mascara
  • OPI LIPCOLOUR Baguette Me Not
  • BellaPierre Make Up Base
  • Credit Card to help achieve sharp edge
  • Rimmel Colour Rush in Matte White
  • BellaPierre in Shade Ha Ha
  • Fuchsia Blusher Palette Shade Sunrise
  • Purple Mauve in Smashbox Muse Palette
  • MAN Pigment in shade Orange Roughie
  • MAN Liner in shade Ocean's 11


So I hope you guys enjoyed that post and I just wanted to say a massive thank you to Michaela for agreeing to feature on my blog. 

Happy New Years and remember that I love you guys.

Your girl
-Mizzmoi xoxo 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment