Sunday 17 August 2014

Lookbook | Strawberries & Champagne

Hey stranger! 
You know what? It's actually so awkward writing this blog post right now, having left you guys in the dark for so freaking long (for which, I am très desolèe) but what can I say? I have missed you all. Generally I've been living life- sleeping in, travelling Europe, reading books and catching up on Tv shows- what have you guys been up to? I have so much news for you guys I don't even know where to begin!



Although If you've been keeping up with me on social media, you'd know just about everything that's going on in my life right now. First of all, I am just back from Amsterdam and Prague and I must tell you the truth; It was the best trip of my life. I've even decided that after my university degree, I'll be moving to the Netherlands for a year or so as it is possibly the most beautiful country I have ever seen and yes, It beats even New York. Isn't that saying something? Anyway if you guys want to hear a few stories from that trip, request it as a blog post, I've got tons of photos. The second piece of news is that in just a little over 4 months, I'll be moving to Vancouver, Canada to study at the University of British Columbia. Eeep! Even writing this article makes me excited for the future; I've got so many opportunities lined up due to my recent spontaneous lifestyle. For those of you who I didn't bore half to death with my personal life stories, today we will be chatting about brightening an 'all black' attire, outfit details and living life on impulse.
People who can't handle all black outfits are weak.
I find people who say 'black is a boring colour' to be quite blasé. To me black is the least boring colour in the world. Simplistic? Yes but bland? 100% no. Black represents a multitude of things such as mystery, confidence, spontaneity, control and class. Nothing is more chic than an LBD or a tailored black suit. Not to mention black looks flattering on all shapes, sizes, skin tones and hair colour. You know, I read this quote once that really spoke to me in ways most fashion magazines can't. "Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy- but mysterious. But above all black says this: 'I don't bother you- don't bother me." So if wearing black makes me 'dull', then I don't want to be interesting. However if there's anything better than wearing all black, It's adding a pop of colour. In my opinion It gives the entire outfit a whole new perspective, It exmpliefies 'bold and direct' and what more could a girl want than to walk into a room knowing she is the sole centre of attention? Ladies- if you're going to look good, look good in black.

Most of you already know that 70% of my wardrobe is mainly from Dunnes Stores. I don't understand why more of you prefer to wear Penneys/Primark (horrible quality btw) than to try some alternative brands like Dunnes Stores. Mind you, co-brands like Savida have really upped their game and seem to be marketing towards classy, chic, educated driven young girls. The jacket and high waisted leggings are both from the Savida collection, costing €35 and €25 respectively. The red polo  I purchased approximately 5 years ago. As most of you know the stilettos are from New Look for which I bought on sale for just €12. The red lipstick was a (forced) gift from my elder sister and the foundation and mascara is Lancôme.

So living on impulse huh? If there's one thing I've learned in the year 2014, It's that making slightly impulsive decisions is the only reason why I have come across so many opportunities in the last year. I know what some of you are thinking but no, living 'recklessly' is simply not the same as living impulsively. Living recklessly would involve you getting a loan to go on a fancy holiday that you couldn't afford otherwise, buying a Chanel bag when you don't even have a job, partying 3 days a week even though you should be saving up for something more financially beneficial. However living on impulse to me involves going for opportunities you would not normally have the guts to go for. Let me provide you with 3 examples; visiting Amsterdam/Prague was an impulsive decision on my part yet it turned out to be the best trip of my life, you could even say it was life altering because now I am sure that living in lots of different countries is something I'd like to experience. Applying to the University of British Columbia was an impulsive decision. Never in a million years did I believe I'd be granted a spot on their campus. After all It is the 2nd best University in Canada and No.33 in the world. Most importantly I started this blog on impulse; one night I just decided I was going to become a fashion blogger and that was that. I never thought about it too much, I never planned for the future but look where I am now. From doing things on impulse, I am indirectly planning for my future. Most people claim you can't fully plan the future and so perhaps you can't, but living on impulse? That's the new trend on the block.


Follow me on social media for all of my latest projects


*Some photos from Amsterdam/Prague*








Share

1 comment:

  1. I hope you've enjoyed the city. I love this outfit and it looks good on you, not everyone can look this good in black outfit :)

    https://mimiinciarasworld2.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete